Sunday 2 March 2014

Boy Cards!

Hello Bloggers,

I’d like to share some boy or should I say men's cards that I’ve made recently.  These two cards have been used in card classes at Kookaburra Crafts in recent weeks also.

Motorcycle Birthday Card

2014-03-02 15.22.15

This one’s for the man in your life that has a love affair with motorbikes.  It’s quick and simple. The card measures 11.5cm x 14.5cm (4 1/2” x 5 3/4”).  I’ve used a 270gsm white cardstock for the base card, sentiment panel and the stamped motorcycle panel. The black mats and cogs are from bazill cardstock.  The stamped image is “Motorcycle” from Deep Red Cling Stamps.  The sentiment is from the JustRite Papercrafts stamp set “Anchors Away” CR-03710 and has been die cut with JustRites “Antique Labels One” JB-03830. The gears are a set from Cheery Lynn Designs “Gears” B340. The silver mirror board has been embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder “Checker Plate” I’ve used some silver eyelets for a masculine embellishment.

Boating Birthday

2014-03-02 15.22.35

This card measures 14.5cm x 14.5cm (5 3/4” x 5 3/4”). I’ve used a smooth ivory cardstock for the base card and both of the stamped layers. The blue cardstock for the mats is by bazill. All of the stamps are by Our Daily Bread Design, “Fishing Boat” F452, Fishing Net Background” F450 and the sentiment “Ornate Frame Sentiments” F514. The brown is Vintage Sepia by Versafine and I’ve used distress inks for the boat background and over the fishing net background.  I’ve used the “Trellis Border” die 98476 by Memory Box to represent a fishing net rather than a trellis.

I hope you’ve enjoyed these cards.

Thanks for looking and have a wonderful day!

Jenelle

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jenelle, Nice to see you back blogging. Hope you are well. Like your fishing card the best, fab background.
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, I haven't been all that well unfortunately, hopefully all good now.

      Delete
  2. LOVE this masculine card and your use of the trellis die for fish net is BRILLIANT! Man cards are the hardest and least rewarding for me to do and this one is absolutely wonderful.

    Paper Hugs,
    Peggy



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peggy, I find it really hard to come up with men's cards too, but these 2 just fell together and I was really happy with them and I even managed to impress my 12 year old son who is not easily impressed.
      Cheers
      Jenelle

      Delete